Simek is a modern and well equipped shipyard located on the south coast of Norway. We employ approximately 175 workers, peaking 250 at most.
Simek has built and delivered 125 vessels over the last 44 years and have four more on order for delivery within spring 2014.
When building a ship, drawings and documentation is produced by our highly skilled technical staff at our main office in Norway. This is forwarded to our co-operating subcontractors in the Gdansk and Gdynia area in Poland where the steel sections/blocks are built. From there the ship units are transported to Simek shipyard where they are blasted and painted in our temperature and humidity controlled paint facilities before assembled on our 20 x 96 meter slipway in our heated building shed. Crane lifting capacity in building shed is 340 tonnes.
Simek at present has approx. 175 employees. We practice an apprentice program and emphasize training and certifying of our staff enabling them to become skilled workers in their field. We constantly focus on living up to our reputation of delivering on time high quality vessels.
A overview over Simek, with Yard no. 120 - Rem Star under construction.
Our history in a timeline:
- 1967: Founded. Location Eschebrygga, Flekkefjord City.
001 - Per Senior
- 1971: Mooved to a new location. Svege, Flekkefjord Outskirts
Old and new location
034 - Breeze
- 1985, January: Ship number 50 delivered, Skomvær
050 - Skomvær
- 1991, March: First AHTS delivered, 075 - Far Sea
075 - Far Sea
- 2000, August: Ship number 100 delivered, Lunar Bow
100 - Lunar Bow
- 2007, July: Dina Merkur was no. 100 of the PSV UT755 to be built. A well proven supply vessel of Rolls Royce UT 755 design.
Yard no. 111 - Dina Merkur